Thursday, September 14, 2017

YOU GOT THIS


Recently, I was out on a run.  I know, shocker, right?

I was listening to a podcast and the host asked as question to the guest, "what is that word, phrase or mantra that you use to get you through a difficult stretch?"

There were answers like, "suck it up" or as simple as "GO" and many others.

I started thinking about myself, and this one phrase is what I normally say at the beginning, in the middle,  or even the end of a race.  I even say it when things look good or when things feel bad:

"YOU.GOT.THIS!"

Three simple words, for me, have a big impact.

So many times we use words that are opposite of "encouraging words" when we are going through life.

Whether it is in a relationship, our job, how we look, how we think, how we run, how we play a game, how we sing....virtually everything we do....we'll switch "YOU.GOT.THIS" for "you can't do this...why even try."

Have you been there?

I want to ENCOURAGE you today.

YOU.GOT.THIS!

I love what Winston Churchill once said, "If you are going through hell, keep going!"

Just because you are "in it" today, doesn't mean you have to stay there!

In Psalms 42:5 [NLT] the writer asks this question, "Why am I discouraged?  Why is my heart so sad?"  Their "self-talk" stirred them up!  It goes on to say, "I will put my hope in God!  I will praise Him again - my Savior and my God!"

It was if he said to himself, "YOU.GOT.THIS!"

So whatever it is or isn't that you are going through....whatever it might look like....in your BEST YEAR YET journey, YOU.GOT.THIS!


No comments:

Post a Comment