Thursday, September 21, 2017

MOTIVATION

"Be miserable, or motivate yourself.  Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." (author unknown)


I have recently been looking at life happening around me...mostly just observing things/people/etc.  

I'm a "question guy."  I like to ask myself questions and then seek the possible answers...if there are any.  

Thinking back over the past 8 years and the journey I have been on to better myself, in all areas of my life, I remember what motivated me to change.  

It's actually a two parter....one part was "THE PICTURE!"  I have described and shown this, in the past, but it was taken in May of 2009 at my son Caleb's awards recognition night the week of his High School Graduation.  

That picture, when put on a monitor for all to see was a HUGE wake up call for me.  I guess I got to the point where I really needed to make a decision to change. 

Part 2 of 2 was after looking at "THE PICTURE," I saw someone at work who had obviously lost a bunch of weight and I thought to myself, "If he can lose all that weight, I can lose what I need to, to feel both fit and healthy.  

As the quote above says, "Be miserable OR motivate yourself....." man was I miserable....and boy did I get motivated.  I have described the journey in previous posts, so I won't talk about it again.  

Today I want to draw your attention to the last part of the saying above, "...whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."  You can choose to be miserable or you can choose to be motivated....which one will you choose? 

In your BEST YEAR YET, what is that thing that motivates you?

  • Upcoming High School Reunion
  • Trip to a beach
  • Unfavorable report from your doctor
  • Clothes "shrinking"
  • Your reflection in a mirror
  • Wanting to walk your daughter down the isle
Whatever it is for you, use it to KEEP FOCUSED to your goal.

To continue to have our BEST YEAR YET, at times we just need to tell ourselves that YOU CAN DO IT!  And they JUST DO IT!

Also, keep reading the BEST YEAR YET blog....I guarantee that you will get some motivation out of it!



No comments:

Post a Comment