Friday, September 22, 2017

I QUIT

The CHEERLEADER and I were talking earlier about LOVE.

She mentioned that on our wedding day, she couldn't have imagined the depth that our LOVE would be for each other  31 years - 2 months - and 11 days later.

I said all we've been through has only strengthened it.  

But, there are some people, at the sight of trouble, throw up there hands and say, "I QUIT!"

So I was thinking about those 2 words, "I QUIT," and although I'm not going to quit on my marriage, on my life, etc., there are some things I will look at and say, "I QUIT!"

I QUIT on:

  • Always having to be right
    • The CHEERLEADER will tell you that there was just a disturbance in the Force
    • I have a tendency....a competitiveness to want to always be right.  I'm usually pretty smug about it too....especially to the one I love the most.  
  • Just going through the motions
    • I like goals and going after them, but sometimes I get into these season of just "existing" instead of THRIVING.
    • THRIVING takes effort.  It takes a decision.
  • Not dreaming big
    • I think this falls into the same "lane" as my previous "QUIT" category.  The Cheerleader asked me how many marathons I wanted to run next year.  I didn't have an answer.  I believe to continue to have your BEST YEAR YET, you have to KEEP DREAMING BIG!
  • Always saying "how" instead of saying "WOW!"
    • How we going to that?
    • How are you going to do that?
    • How can that work?
      • and so on....
I once heard, "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."  So don't QUIT on what's important in life.  WORK at it....HOLD ON to it!

BUT, I'm sure there are many things, in your life, like me, you can look at and say to them, 
"I QUIT!"

START TODAY!




No comments:

Post a Comment