2 weeks from tomorrow is January 1, 2018.
Yep, in 2 weeks, we flip the calendar (or put up a new one).
We hit the "reset" button.
New Year....New You.
The anticipation for the new year brings out so much HOPE in all of us. We hear things like, "I can't wait to put this year to rest."
So over the next 2 weeks, I want to encourage you to NOT shut down...but stay OPEN FOR BUSINESS.
Take 2017 out STRONG!
If you haven't done your (re)SOLUTION list yet, time to start.
I read once that famed football coach, Lou Holtz, at the age of 28 in 1966 was feeling really low. He just lost his job, his bank account was bare, and his wife was 8 months pregnant with their 3rd child. He was so discouraged and was lacking motivation. Lou has a CHEERLEADER too, and she gave him a book titled, The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz. He took to heart when he read in the book to write down all the goals he wanted to achieve before he died.
So, like Coach Holtz, get going on your LIVE LIST.
Here's a tip to get you started:
- Go to your favorite coffee shop or brew a pot at your house
- Turn on your favorite inspirational music
- Sit down at the table with a pencil or pen and a notebook
- Write fast. Don't linger on the page. GO BIG with what you want to achieve. If you find yourself dismissing a goal as been too BIG or too far-fetched, write it down anyway and put a start next to it!
- Some of these you will accomplish quicker than others. Some will take a lifetime to achieve (remember....THINK/DREAM BIG)
- After you have compiled your list....START. You don't necessarily have to start with the first thing you put down....but you do have to START
We've talked about the importance of writing it down.
Something happens when you write down your dreams and aspirations.
It's like hanging a sign and telling the Universe, "Hey...I'm OPEN FOR BUSINESS!"
Some don't want to tell others what their dreams and aspirations are. They will say things like, "what if I can't do it?" "What if it doesn't happen?" "What will people say about me?"
What if it DOES happen?
What if you can learn to do it?
Who really cares what others think about you? Are they living your life or are you?
So as you are finishing out 2017 STRONG......take inventory, make out your LIST and announce to the Universe:
OPEN FOR BUSINESS!