Saturday, May 23, 2020

YOUR FUTURE IS SO BRIGHT


"No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead..." Philippians 3: 13 (NLT)

I really like what the Apostle Paul said here, "...I haven't achieved it...I haven't arrived..YET...but here is what I do...THIS ONE THING...."  If we are still breathing...still alive, we also haven't "achieved it" or "haven't arrived" YET!

What about you?  What is your ONE THING?  Paul's is a good one for most of us to grab ahold of and incorporate in our lives as well, "Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead..."  But so many times, it seems, we are still STUCK in failures or struggles that we have had, that it stops us from pushing forward.  I LOVE today's start off quote: 


"Your past is NOT strong enough to shut down your future!"

I, personally, have "things" in my past that I'm not real proud of.  Thing that I said and did that I can't get back.  "They" say you "can't un-ring the bell," (which is another post for another day), and even though I can't, what I can do is "own my past" and keep my focus...my vision in front of me.  I have said many times before, "My response is my responsibility," and if I own the past, it's up to me to be disciplined to the actions I CAN control, moving forward.

There is so much potential in front of you that if your future self found a DeLorean and came back to you, he/she would tell you to not look back...but press on/press forward because there are GREAT things in store for you.  I'm guessing your future self would thank your current self for not giving up or giving in. Today, you might not be able to see it...but I'm here to tell you that it is THERE.

So, don't look back, because you are not going that way.  Keep you "hand to the plow" and "eyes forward" because your future's so bright...you gotta wear shades!



My 3 things I'm GRATEFUL for today:
  • Fresh sheets on my bed
  • Friends who inspire
  • Opportunity to travel

No comments:

Post a Comment