Tuesday, May 19, 2020

WEATHERPROOF


I like to run.

I would rather run outside then inside on my treadmill.

It can be challenging doing your training, outside, in Nebraska, in any season.  

But, there are times that I do run into: snow; ice; rain; cold wind; hot ; humid and even some nice days.  So, if you are going to run outside, it is a smart thing to have the proper gear/clothing so that you have a good experience, regardless of the temps.  I have different types of running tights (thin and thick); socks; gloves; different stocking hats; layers of tops as well as jackets and coats for the colder days.  Also, I have warm weather gear too.  I am prepared for just about any time of weather there is.  I have positioned myself to be WEATHERPROOF!  

What about in life?  How many times are we prepared for the "STORMS OF LIFE" that come on us?  These might be a bit more tricky, since we don't necessarily see them coming.  Not like checking the forecast before we head out for a run.  

But, we can do some "prep" work in our life to be ready for those times.  Jesus said in Matthew 7:24-27 (New Living Translation):

"Anyone who listens to My teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock.  Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won't collapse because it is built on bedrock.  

But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn't obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand.  When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash."


Did you notice the similarities between the two?  The rain and winds...the torrents (storms of life) hit both of them.  The one who stood the storm was the one prepared with the proper "gear."  They were WEATHERPROOF.

Are you WEATHERPROOF?  

If not, do what Matthew 7:24-25 says to do, build your life on the SOLID ROCK!

Having a BEST YEAR YET, doesn't mean you will be immune to the "STORMS OF LIFE," but it does mean that the "STORMS" don't have to collapse your life!  I have more to say on this in the not too distant future....but for today, build you life on the SOLID ROCK and have your BEST YEAR YET!

YOU.ARE.WEATHERPROOF!


My 3 things I'm GRATEFUL for today:
  • A good protein smoothie
  • Missionary friends
  • Comfy socks

No comments:

Post a Comment