Sunday, May 24, 2020

AIM HIGH



Recently, I've been thinking a lot about goals and going after them.  I have written a few posts, regarding this topic and I can't get away from the subject right now because I believe, at least for me, there is a LIFE QUEST that is to be had.

In the Bible, Habakkuk 2:2 says, "Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it."  Your "vision," my "vision," are those GOALS that you have to go after. They are not designed to just be in your head or on a piece of paper, but to be executed and implemented on.  I have said (probably saw it on Pinterest) for years that "Goals without controllable actions are just wishes or dreams."  I have DREAMS, but I'm going to put actions to them and make them become a reality.

Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.  Do the thing you think you cannot do."  She also went on to say, "Do one thing every day that scares you!"

With today's post, I want to encourage you to "AIM HIGH!"  What is that thing you REALLY want but think it cannot be obtained?  Have you ever heard of going after the "low hanging fruit?"  This is the easy to reach, instant gratification, stuff.  I want to encourage you AIM HIGH and go after the "HIGH HANGING FRUIT!"  That which others aren't willing to go after.  

There is a quote I have mentioned before, by Albert Gray, in his talk called, "The Common Denominator To Success."  He gave this talk back in the 1940's.  In it, he said, "Successful people are successful because they form the habits of doing those things that failures don't like to do."  If you want it, what are you prepared to do?  

Study the successful.  See what they have done.  You don't have to copy them and be exactly like them.  Study what it is they do and make it your own...be authentically you! Success leaves clues...emulate the process not the person!

So what is the "high hanging fruit" you are going to reach for that will help to make this your BEST YEAR YET?  I want to encourage you....NO, I give you permission, to get out of your comfort zone, AIM HIGH, reach for the sky and go after that thing that's been "burning" in you to do:
  • Write a book
  • Start a business
  • Do a pilgrimage to Santiago (Camino de Santiago)
  • Run the World Marathon Majors
  • Run a 5K
  • Be a stand up comedian
  • And on and on.....
Whatever it is, GO.FOR.IT!    I leave you with this......



Final note:  Today ends my 21 days of posting "My 3 things I'm GRATEFUL for Today" items. It's been fun, challenging, thought provoking, etc., to do this exercise everyday.  We all have SO MUCH to be thankful/grateful for.  I believe I'll keep it up...I just won't post it everyday moving forward...but I will drop them in here from time to time.  I hope you have enjoyed them and maybe even started your own Positive Habit of daily GRATITUDE.  


My 3 Things I'm Grateful for Today:
  • Sunshine
  • Sleep
  • Air travel

No comments:

Post a Comment