Thursday, May 14, 2020

DON'T STOP BELIEVING

Journey - Don't Stop Believing (taken from my iPhone)

"Just a small town girl......"

A little over 3 years ago, The CHEERLEADER and I, through the help of our oldest, were able to "check" something off the "LIVE LIST" (I don't want to feel a pressure to get something done before I "kick the bucket"....I want to get them done while I'm LIVING!).  We went and saw the rock band JOURNEY.  


Near the end of the show, they broke out into, arguably, their greatest hit, "Don't Stop Believing."  It was so fun to sing along with this iconic song.  You know me, it got me thinking about life, goals, success, significance, etc., and the mental or belief side to what we do or what we go after.

Many, and for years I would include myself into this category (and still at times today), believe that if the path from "DREAM to REALITY" isn't a straight shot, then it must not either be "the will of God" or "just not my lot in life."


If not careful, we can have a skewed version/vision of what we go through on the way to achieving the goal.  The truth is, your BELIEVING is going to be challenged.  Jesus said, in John 16:33, "...in this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world."  Have you ever heard, "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!" ?  

It's not that we look for the trouble, or challenges, or choppy water, etc., but we know we are going to get through them.  It takes PATIENCE. That is such a difficult word for me to swallow.  I.WANT.IT.NOW!  Can I get an "amen!"  BUT, patience is a GREAT fruit to embody.  WE.GOT.THIS.  YOU.GOT.THIS.

DON'T STOP BELIEVING!

Don't let challenges, circumstances, ANYTHING, stop what you have on your heart to accomplish this BEST YEAR YET.  

As we progress in our journey, do your best to stay grounded to what your believe!  HOLD ON....your "finish line" is just ahead!

My 3 things I'm GRATEFUL for today:
  • Rain Coats 
  • Breath Mints (I'm not sure if this is for me or for others!)
  • Entertainment

If you have been following along, today is my day 11 of "21 Days of Gratitude."  Each day I have 3 different things I'm grateful for and I share them right here.  How about you?  What are you grateful for?  I would encourage you to start picking out 3 things, each day, write them down and thing about the gratitude you have.  It is a GREAT exercise to go through....trust me, you will be the better for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment