Friday, May 22, 2020

THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT



If you have known me for at least 5 minutes, you know that I use sports analogies to point to everyday truths that we face.  I'm sure most of us have heard the saying, "the ball's in your court."  It's a statement letting us know that someone..in this case us...needs to make a decision.  We have control of the "ball," what are we going to do with it?

Which direction will you go from here?

We've been talking a lot lately about our goals and dreams in relation to our BEST YEAR YET.  The late Jim Rohn once said, "There are two pains: the pain of discipline and the pain of regret.  The difference is discipline weighs ounces and regret weighs tons."  Which one will you choose?  

I remember having a conversation with one of my sons and I told him, "You don't want to wake up when you're 40 and say, I wish I would have.  It would be better to say, I'm glad I did."

THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT!  Now what?

START!

Recently, I quoted the late Don Shula, saying, "The START is what STOPS most people."  It's great to have a well thought out plan.  It's great to do all the prep work to get ready to "launch out into the unknown."  BUT.....you gotta START!  Take that LEAP OF FAITH!

Don't live in the place of regret where you wake up one day and say, "I miss me.  I miss everything I'll never be."

Today, I'm here to tell you that YOU CAN DO IT.  Yes, you have decisions to make...THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT!  Take a risk, make your decision and JUMP....you'll be glad you did.


My 3 things I'm GRATEFUL for today:
  • Friday
  • Spring Rain
  • Friends who challenge my thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment