Monday, November 23, 2020

BE THANKFUL


 

Thanksgiving is in 3 days.

I thought I would take the next few days and focus on the subject of THANKFULNESS.

Earlier this year, I did a "21 day Gratitude Challenge" with some co-workers where we thought about 3 things each day that we were GRATEFUL for.

BE THANKFUL.

What I would like to do, beginning today, and going through Friday, November 27th , is to think about 1...yes just 1 thing that you are THANKFUL for each day.

Be deliberate.

Be intentional.

Be thoughtful.

Is it...

  • your family
  • your job
  • your church
  • your health
  • your friends
  • your house
  • your pet
Whatever it is, get creative. 

Write it down.

Share it with others.

If your THANKFULNESS is associated with a person or persons, do something tangible to express that to them.
  • If it's work, bring in donuts or coffee or donuts and coffee this week
  • It it's a family member, find something that you can do for them to express your THANKFULNESS (send a card; give them a call; wash their car; watch their kids; etc)
  • If it's your health, do something for someone who's health is a struggle right now (you can always go to my ST. JUDE HEROES link and donate to St. Jude through my efforts as a St. Jude Hero running the 2020 St. Jude Memphis Virtual Half-Marathon)
  • If it's your church, see where you can be a blessing and volunteer. Believe me, they need and want your assistance....just be open to help wherever

You know, you're going to see mine over the next 5 days, so why don't you share yours?

"5 DAY THANKFUL CHALLENGE"

Who's in?

DAY 1 of my 5 DAY THANKFUL CHALLENGE:
I am THANKFUL for my relationship with the Lord.  

I made a decision over 34 years ago that I couldn't do life on my own.  Some said, "oh, that's just a crutch" to which I would agree and THANKFUL that He holds me up when I can't!  

I want my life to reflect Him to others.  At times, I don't do the best job, but He is faithful to forgive, dust me off, and set me back on the road!  Not perfect....just forgiven!

No comments:

Post a Comment