Thursday, November 26, 2020

THANKFUL FOR HEALTH


 It is Day 4 of our 5 DAY THANKFUL CHALLENGE.  And today is THANKSGIVING!

Today.....

  • I'm THANKFUL for HEALTH!
HEALTH.

Have you ever taken your HEALTH for granted?

I know I have.

In my life, over the years, as I have "seasoned," I realized there were certain things I either couldn't do or shouldn't do.  Things I could control.

But when your HEALTH is compromised by something you can't control, that is a whole different level.

I have talked about my diagnosis and treatment for prostate cancer here in the BEST YEAR YET blog, but during this 5 DAY THANKFUL CHALLENGE, I thought I would share some more.

Speaking for myself (I hope this will encourage someone else too), I can't speak for how others approach what they are going through.

I felt, and still feel, that my FAITH is a driving force in my life.   I have leaned in, heavily, on it for years...and this would not be an exception.  

Even with STRONG FAITH, I had times where I struggled....not knowing how I would be in 6 months, a year, 5 years, etc.

I took my HEALTH for granted.

I had things I still wanted to do:
  • Run a marathon in every state
  • Run all 6 of the World Marathon Majors (at the time of the diagnosis IN 2016, I had run 1)
  • Play with my grandkids someday (none yet)
  • Travel the world with the CHEERLEADER
  • Write a book
  • Go to all the Major League Baseball stadiums
  • and on and on my list goes
Would my "LIVE LIST" be compromised because my HEALTH wouldn't allow me to LIVE like I wanted to?

I am blessed and very fortunate.

The cancer that was in my body was caught early.  It was contained to one area (my prostate) and had not spread.  When my prostate was removed, so to was all the cancer.

Today, I am cancer free!  As a precaution for the next 10 years (now 6 years), every 6 months I have to go in for a check up and blood work.  Small price to pay to take care of my HEALTH!

I don't take my HEALTH for granted anymore.   No matter how much more "seasoned" I become, I am very aware of the gift I have been given called LIFE.

How about you?

When was the last time you went to the doctor to get a physical?

Maybe for you it isn't physical.  Maybe it's the mental side of dealing with stress, perceived failure and such.

Go in for a check up.  Go talk to someone.  Go get help.

Don't take your HEALTH (physically and/or mentally) for granted.

Take care of your body and your mind....they are the only ones you will ever have.

Today, I'm THANKFUL for HEALTH!



TIM'S 5 DAY THANKFUL CHALLENGE:
  • DAY 1
    • I'm THANKFUL for my relationship with the Lord
  • DAY 2
    • I'm THANKFUL for US
  • DAY 3
    • I'm THANKFUL for FAMILY
  • DAY 4
    • I'm THANKFUL for HEALTH

No comments:

Post a Comment