Thursday, September 28, 2017

I WENT FOR A RUN



[SPOILER ALERT]....Today, after work, I WENT FOR A RUN!

I know, I know, that's not real surprising...especially if you know me or know about me.

It got me thinking about why I run.

Not what got me started....but what keeps me going.

So I thought I would share my story to encourage you with your story.

Here are a few reasons why I run:

It's not just the race, but the journey to get there.

  • I actually like the training miles....most days!
  • In every marathon training cycle I go through, it helps me to enjoy and understand this journey through life.
I like to think.
  • What better way than to get out on a long run and let your mind go free.
I like to learn.
  • Besides learning more about myself and my determination to get it done, I also like to listen to podcasts where I always come away with some type of learning experience.
For the challenge.
  • I grew up playing competitive sports.  As I grew older, I didn't have that type of outlet.  Believe me, it can be unhealthy to always need to win at SkipBo or playing Trouble with your kids!
  • My competitiveness is now against time.  Sometimes it's against myself.  
To inspire others.
  • My story is not uncommon:
    • I was athletic and competitive growing up.  
    • Stopped being active.  
    • Gained weight and got really out of shape.  
    • Made a decision to reverse all of it.
  • I have been inspired by others and hope that the little I do has a positive affect on someone else.
For my life.
  • It's the best way that I have found to "feel alive" in a health/exercise way.
  • I want to make the most of my time...so I want to keep this body healthy to do so.
I'm sure there are many other reasons...but I'll stop there.

What about you?  

Do you run?  

If so, why?

If you don't, why not?  

Maybe it's not running, but what is something you do or can do that helps you feel alive?

For me, today, I WENT FOR A RUN.






No comments:

Post a Comment