Saturday, September 16, 2017

TOMORROW



The song starts out, "The sun will come out tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun."

Today, the Nebraska Cornhusker Football Team took one on the chin.  

Over the past 17 or so seasons, the loses have been more common than the previous 17 seasons, but today was different.  The loss seemed different.

"When I'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely, I just stick up my chin and grin and say, oh...."

TOMORROW!

In my life, I have been around for 18,940 days.  

Guess what?  No matter what has happened in my life, 18,940 times, IN A ROW, the sun came up.  So I think the odds are great that the sun will come up for the 18,941st time, in my lifetime, tomorrow.

It's tough when the team you root for loses and especially against a team that they shouldn't have lost to. 

Why not employ the 12 Hour Rule:  For the next 12 hours, you can sulk, be upset, talk about it (be really careful before you hit send/enter!), etc.  But after that, move on....IT'S A NEW DAY!

As we conclude this day, let's keep into perspective what is truly important (not that rooting for your favorite team isn't):

  • Family
  • Health
  • Friends
  • Life
Football (or whatever sport or hobby you like) is fun....but it isn't most of our lives.  

Continue with a BEST YEAR YET perspective, because, 

THE SUN WILL COME OUT....TOMORROW!


No comments:

Post a Comment