Friday, September 8, 2017

THE JOURNEY




"It was the best of times....it was the worst of times." This is how the classic by Charles Dickens, "A Tale of Two Cities" begins.  It goes on to have many contrasting statements for a few sentences, but we all get the picture. 

Have you ever thought that your life IS the first sentence above?

I have.

I have written here in the BEST YEAR YET blog about my JOURNEY over the past 18 months or so....but really in just glimpses.

Beginning with today's blog and over the next few days I want us to look at 3 views or stages:
  • THE DESERT
  • THE VALLEY
  • THE MOUNTAIN TOP
I have experienced all 3 of these....and not necessarily in the exact order.  I have gone from THE VALLEY to THE DESERT back to THE VALLEY to THE MOUNTAIN TOP, etc...you get the picture.

But each stop or season or place has with it times of personal growth. 

Growth as a person.

Growth in my faith.

Growth as a husband...father....friend.

So as we are all going through our BEST YEAR YET, whatever place you find yourself in, THE DESERT, THE VALLEY OR THE MOUNTAIN TOP, remember that in all of these, YOUR RESPONSE (to what comes at your or how you handle it) IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!

Over the next few days, as you are reading the post, ask yourself:
  • What areas am I growing in?
  • What areas do I need help in?
  • What went right?
  • What went wrong?
  • What did I learn?
Let's get started......


No comments:

Post a Comment