Thursday, February 1, 2018

ABCs OF CANCER


Ok....vacation over!

After writing this BEST YEAR YET blog every day for a solid year, I have taken a few days off.  

Time to get back at it.

I thought I would start off this first day of February and for the rest of the month, devote it to the letters of the alphabet.

But, there will be a method to this.  A couple of weeks ago I spent a quick 24 hours in Memphis, Tennessee with those on my TEAM who are running the Boston Marathon in April AND raising awareness and money for ST. JUDE CHILDREN'S RESEARCH HOSPITAL.  

We spent a full day at the Hospital, getting a tour, talking to doctor's, researchers, some patients and their families.

At one point our tour took us down a hall where the pic above was taken.

The ABCs of Cancer.

This wall, and subsequent letters, offer 26 views about living with cancer and lessons learned along the way.

This was done as a means for therapeutic expression for the kids.

Each child or teen were asked to share thoughts, artwork or poetry based on a specific letter of the alphabet....from their view point.

During the month of February, I am going to post one letter each day, beginning tomorrow.

Some are funny.

Some are brutally honest.

One letter for every mile I'll run at the Boston Marathon plus an extra ".2" for the kids.

On the day that is the first letter in your name is posted, please think about making a donation of any amount.  

If all of us did this and passed it on to others to do the same, think what we all could do?

I really think you're going to like this journey over the next month.

If you want to get a head start on donating, you can go to this LINK for my Boston Marathon fundraising page.

Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment