Monday, February 5, 2018

D IS FOR...


dream
drēm/

contemplate the possibility of doing something or that something might be the case.


As we continue our journey through the ABCs of CANCER as told by the patients of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, today we are at MILE 4....LETTER D.

What do you dream of?
  • Job
  • House
  • Family
  • Spouse
I'm sure there are many others, but those are the usual ones, wouldn't you agree?

When you have gone through or are going through a health scare, whatever it is, your DREAM might be something different.

Speaking for me, I.HATE.CANCER!

I have been affected by it with family members, but also personally.

Although I am alive and cancer free, my life is different today than it was 2 years ago....physically and mentally.

What I went through, I don't want anyone else to go through it. 

I DREAM of a day when cancer is not just a manageable disease, but something of the past.

Danny Thomas, the founder of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, had a similar dream when St. Jude opened their doors in 1962.

Mr. Thomas is known to have said, "NO child should die in the dawn of life."

The very mission of St. Jude is, "Finding Cures.  Saving Children."

And they won't stop until NO child dies from cancer.

WHAT A DREAM!


*NOTE:  If your name begins with the Letter D, would you please consider a donation to St. Jude via my donation page for running the Boston Marathon?  Click the link below.  ANY amount is greatly appreciated.  Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment