Tuesday, February 20, 2018

S IS FOR...


MILE 19...LETTER S.

S IS FOR...St. Jude!

How fitting!

Check out these other "S" words as described by our artist today when describing St. Jude:

  • Safe Haven
  • Strong (patients)
  • Sweet (nurses)
  • Supportive (staff)
  • Safe
  • Scenic (areas around the hospital)
  • Scar (you for life...guaranteed)
  • (Finding Cures.) Saving children
I have a few scars on my body.

I put my right hand through the storm door when I was 13.  Should have got stitches, but I had a baseball game that night and didn't want to miss it.

I have had a couple of arthroscopic knee surgeries on my right knee that have left small scars.

Other nicks and cuts that have left scars on my body, mostly sports and playing related.

But the ones I notice, everyday, are the 6 scars I have across my belly from my prostatectomy.

One of them is in my belly button and has changed the way it is and looks....for life.

Some people don't have physical scars, but mental ones.

Either way, the scars are there, and most likely won't go away.

But they are a reminder to what you have gone through.  Not to look back and hurt again, but to remember that you are "healed" from what caused the scar in the first place.

The "cut" is just one part....there are many other GOOD parts like safety, being strong, having great care, having a place of solace to retreat to.

When I look at my belly today, I see the scars....but I also embrace all the LIVING I have yet to do!



FINAL NOTE: 
If your name begins with the letter S, would you consider a donation to St. Jude via my Boston Marathon donation page?  Any amount is greatly appreciated.  The link to the donation page is below.  THANK YOU!



No comments:

Post a Comment