Tuesday, February 13, 2018

L IS FOR...



L IS FOR...

  • LOVE
    • LOVE ST. JUDE
    • LOVE MY FAMILY
    • LOVE PLAYING
    • LOVE PLAYING SPORTS
How appropriate, with tomorrow being Valentine's Day, (or I should have thought of this better and timed it so L was tomorrow....) that our St. Jude Artist chose LOVE for the letter L.

Something about an illness that makes you more aware of what it truly important to you.

When  I was diagnosed with Cancer in 2016, I thought about my family.  I thought about how this would not just impact me, but them as well.

Also, at that time, I was in the middle of a goal of running 4 full marathons for the year.  

I had just completed marathon #2, when I had a biopsy to determine if it was cancer or not.

When I was at the doctor's office to hear the results of the biopsy, the doctor said, "It's cancer......"

After talking for a bit about treatment options I asked, "When can I run again?"

What is important to you?

You don't need an illness to bring about perspective for your life.

What do you LOVE?

Look around you.

See what is important to you.

Write those things down and then START to have them be a bigger part of your life!


FINAL NOTE:
If your name begins with the letter L, would you consider a donation to St. Jude via my Boston Marathon donation page?  Any amount is greatly appreciated.  The link to the donation page is below.  THANK YOU!









No comments:

Post a Comment