Saturday, February 10, 2018

I IS FOR...



26.2 miles....26 letters, with a .2 "sprint to the finish!"

Today, as we continue on our ABCs of CANCER journey,  it's MILE 9...LETTER I.

"ITCH is an irritation in the skin that cause the urge to scratch."

Years ago, the CHEERLEADER and I hadn't been married that long...less than 5 years..when I got REALLY sunburned.

I think it was one of those Spring days where the weather and temps were such a nice welcome from the cold of Winter.  

The sun was out...my shirt was off...probably playing in the yard with my son, maybe mowing the yard or something like that.

All I know is later that evening, I was burned, in pain, and itched.  I had been sunburned MANY times before this, but never to the degree where I itched to the point of no relief.

The sun had irritated my skin.

Now, I know what I went through that day, long ago, is NOTHING compared to what our artist is talking about with the Letter I.

I brought the pain of itching on myself.....they didn't.

But they had a plan to combat the irritant:

  • Hydration
  • Moisturizers
  • Soft Clothing
  • Hot and Cold baths
  • Creams
  • Medication

How many times do we get "irritated" by things we bring on ourselves?

Usually we are irritated not because of what others are doing, but what we let irritate us.

What can we do to combat the "irritants" in our lives?  The "itching" might come, but have a plan to get through it.

I'm sure you'll be glad you did!


FINAL NOTE:
Today's letter is I.  If your name begins with an I, would you consider a donation to St. Jude and my running the Boston Marathon as a St. Jude Hero?  Any amount is greatly appreciated.  Go to the link below to donate.  Thank you.

https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/stjudeheroes2018/timpete




No comments:

Post a Comment