Wednesday, February 21, 2018

T IS FOR...



T IS FOR....THANKFUL (for St. Jude helping us get healthy!).

MILE 20...LETTER T.

  • THANK YOU DOCTORS
  • THANK YOU NURSES
  • THANK YOU SCIENTISTS
  • THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS
  • THANK YOU DONORS
"I am THANKFUL for all the people here.  Give thanks."  Love, Pyper Young

When running marathons, for me, there's just something about getting to mile 20.

Maybe it's all in my head, but I use that mile mark as a way to energize for the remainder of the race.

Usually, I tell myself, "Ok...the 20 mile warm up is over.  Time to run this 10K!"

I am THANKFUL for MILE 20!

Sometimes, in this middle of the struggle, it's hard to find something to give thanks for.

What does a life of gratitude look like when the days are dark?

About a year ago (mid March), I wrote a BEST YEAR YET blog post about GRATITUDE..THANKFULNESS (I would encourage you to go back and read that post from March 14, 2017).  In it we talked about doing 5 disciplines or positive habits to do each day for 21 days.

So, I set out to do these 5 disciplines and I included, each day of the BEST YEAR YET blog, Positive Habit #1 - write down 3 things, each day, that you are grateful for.

This exercise made me VERY conscience of things we could take for granted.  For example:
  • The warm sun after months of cold Winter
  • The joy and emotion of song
  • A nurse who knows how to "stick" you
So, on "T DAY" what are you THANKFUL for?  Write them down each day!



FINAL NOTE: 
If your name begins with the letter T, would you consider a donation to St. Jude via my Boston Marathon donation page?  Any amount is greatly appreciated.  The link to the donation page is below.  Like our artist Pyper, I too am VERY THANKFUL to all of you DONORS.  You all are the true HEROES!  THANK YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment