Friday, February 2, 2018

A IS FOR...



As I mentioned yesterday, I recently had the opportunity to spend a day in Memphis at ST. JUDE CHILDREN'S RESEARCH HOSPITAL.  At one point we walked down a hall and saw what was called "ABCs OF CANCER" wall.

On the wall were 26 different pictures.  

Each one, a letter of the alphabet, describing what the children being treated at St. Jude thought that letter represented in their life.

Since I will be running 26.2 miles at the 2018 Boston Marathon, I thought we'd take the month of February, and take it mile by mile....day by day....letter by letter, to see what the kids think.

A is for....

  • Apples in the careteria
  • And water fountains
  • And lots of other kids and friends
  • A lot of art
  • A lot of games
I'm sure over this month, I will say the word "PERSPECTIVE" many times over.

When I see the letter "A" and what "A" meant to the one who did this art work, my first thought was "PERSPECTIVE."

With ALL that this child is going through, their view was on the FOOD, FRIENDS, and FUN that they have....even in the midst of fighting the battle.

Can you "see" the joy of life when you are going through the storm?

So much to be thankful for today!

If your name begins with the letter "A", would you consider a donation to St. Jude through my running the Boston Marathon donation site?

Click HERE to donate.

Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment