Friday, February 23, 2018

V IS FOR...



"VINCRISTINE is the chemo that goes into my VEINS.  Sometimes my VEINS blow because of too many needle pokes.  I will be VICTORIOUS over cancer after my treatment."

MILE 22...LETTER V.

Thoughts from MILE 22:

  • I'm tired
  • It's only 4.2 miles to the end
  • My body is screaming at me
  • Can I do this?
  • YOU.GOT.THIS!
I'm sure there are many other conversations that I have had with myself at this point in a marathon.

You know you're getting closer, but it's still a ways away.

You've "hit the wall" ("Sometimes my VEINS blow...."), but you know you have to keep moving forward.

There is VICTORY waiting for you....but you have to finish.

Running.....running a marathon... is NOT hard, compared to battling for your life.

When in Memphis last month visiting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, the TEAM who is running the Boston Marathon as St. Jude Heroes, met up and we toured the hospital.

Near the end of our tour, we met up with a 17 year old patient who is going through brain cancer.  He was well enough, last December, to run the St. Jude Memphis Half Marathon.  

One of our TEAM asked him what he does to get through the pain while training.  He said, "I told myself that I would stop when I was in pain.  Running is not pain.  I know what pain is by going through brain cancer."

WOW.  Makes you question who the real HERO is in all of this?

So run.  

Fight.

Know you will be VICTORIOUS after the race.....after the treatment.  Actually, you are already VICTORIOUS for going through the battle!



FINAL NOTE: 
If your name begins with the letter V, would you consider a donation to St. Jude via my Boston Marathon donation page?  Any amount is greatly appreciated.  The link to the donation page is below.  THANK YOU!



No comments:

Post a Comment