Thursday, February 15, 2018

N IS FOR...


MILE 14...LETTER N.

N IS FOR...NURSE.

Pretty quick.

Not much else to say.

I'm guessing that this patient artist has GREAT NURSES!

I can't speak for him or her, but I can agree that have a GREAT NURSE makes a HUGE difference when in the hospital.

I've mentioned  here in the BEST YEAR YET blog, that back in 2016 I had 2 x 5 day stints in the hospital.  One was for a bacterial infection following the biopsy that helped to determine the prostate cancer and the other was for the surgery to remove the cancer.  On the 2nd visit to have the surgery, I developed really HIGH blood pressure and had to stay a few extra days.

While I was in the hospital, on both occasions, I had some GREAT nurses and a couple of OK nurses.

Many times, for me, my "test" for them was how well they could "stick" me.  I think for that time from May through October, I felt like a pin cushion and was really THANKFUL to have someone who could "stick" me without incident.  Make a HUGE difference.

So, next time you go to the doctors office or hospital and you have a good nurse, let them know how much you appreciate it!


FINAL NOTE:
If your name begins with the letter N, would you consider a donation to St. Jude via my Boston Marathon donation page?  Any amount is greatly appreciated.  The link to the donation page is below.  THANK YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment