Friday, December 29, 2017

WHAT'S YOUR CHEESE


"Life is no straight and easy corridor along
which we travel free and unhampered,
but a maze of passages, 
through which we must seek our way,
lost and confused, now and again 
checked in a blind alley.

But always, if we have faith, 
a door will open for us, 
not perhaps one that we ourselves
would ever have thought of,
but one that will ultimately
prove good for us."

A. J. Cronin (1896-1981)

This year, as we exchanged Christmas gifts with the CHEERLEADERs family, we asked her parents to not buy any gifts, but to gift each of their kids and grand kids something that they already had.

I was so excited to get a classic book by Zig Ziglar, SEE YOU AT THE TOP.  I have been wanting to read this, and now it's mine!

One of my sons, received from his grandpa the book, WHO MOVED MY CHEESE, by Spencer Johnson.  

My son had never heard of this best seller.  So I told him a little bit about it and that it was a GREAT read (some think it's a bit cheesey....sorry, I couldn't resist).

As I related the essence of the story to my son, it got my mind spinning to this story and its application in my life.

WHAT'S YOUR CHEESE?

I asked myself that question.

In the book (not going to give it all away) there are 4 main characters, 2 human, 2 mice.

The 2 humans are Hem and Haw.  The 2 mice, Sniff and Scurry.

The CHEESE represents our livelihood, but also our goals, ambitions, happiness and success.

They all live in a maze, which is representative or one's environment.

The CHEESE is always there, until one day it isn't.

The question is, now that the CHEESE is gone, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?

So many times, in life, we are faced with this question.

Do we sit and take the safe route?

Don't move, because the CHEESE is always there, so it will be back, right?

Do we blame others because our CHEESE is gone?  Do we blame ourselves?  

OR.....

Do we venture out of our comfort zone to find the "CHEESE?"

As you are planning out the next round of dreams, goals, resolutions, in your life, 
  • First, identify what your CHEESE is.  What is it that when you accomplish it you will throw your fist in the air and say, "YES!"?
  • After you identify your CHEESE, make a plan to go after it.  Don't let anything or anyone stop you from getting it.  Don't even let time or the calendar tell you that you failed.  You will only fail if YOU stop.
So much possibility in front of you.

Keep your eyes fixed forward as you go after your CHEESE in 2018!

If you are looking for me over the next couple of days, you'll most likely find me behind the cover of this great book!







No comments:

Post a Comment