Tuesday, December 5, 2017

HOPE



Earlier today, I was talking to a friend about HOPE.

She asked, "what can you say to someone who is so hurting, they have no hope?  What story of HOPE can I give them?"

WOW.  What a GREAT question.

I told her that the only HOPE I can give is that HOPE that I know.

The HOPE I'm talking about is not a "wishful thinking."  "Oh, I hope it happens."  You want it to, but you're not sure.

The HOPE I'm talking about is sure.

In the Bible, "HOPE" is defined as a favorable, confident expectation.

That doesn't sound like wishful thinking, does it?

So, the only HOPE I know, is that of a "favorable, confident expectation."  BUT, that HOPE is not found in what the World has to offer.  It is only found in what God has to offer.

That isn't a real popular statement with some people.  Mostly because it takes a trust in something you can't see.  That is why this HOPE is tied very closely with FAITH.

David, in Psalms 39:7, said it this way, "And now, Lord, what do I wait for?  My HOPE is in You."

It is that struggle of not knowing, but knowing who to trust to get you through the situation.

So If you find yourself lacking HOPE...maybe you are in what looks like a HOPELESS situation, turn to the ultimate GIVER of HOPE, and have that "favorable, confident expectation" that what He said is true.


"Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep His promise."  Hebrews 10:23 [NLT]




No comments:

Post a Comment