Wednesday, December 6, 2017

THE D WORD



dis·ci·pline
ˈdisəplən/
 - behavior in accord with rules of conduct; behavior and order maintained by training and 
   control

Today on Twitter, there was a post by a Hydration Company, Nuun, whose products I use in training and when running marathons.  The post was a question that asked, "How do you stay motivated on the treadmill or trainer?"

Remember in a BEST YEAR YET post earlier this year where I talked about the treadmill and how many in the running community do not like it, calling it a "dreadmill?"

For the record, I would rather do all my training miles, outside, in 52 degree weather.

But I don't live in a climate that is 52 degrees, every day!

I live in Nebraska.....AND WINTER IS COMING!

And, I'm running a Spring marathon....a little race on the East Coast called the Boston Marathon.  Have you heard of it?  😎

Running a Spring marathon, or specifically, a marathon in April, training begins......NOW!

So, if I want to be ready to run 26 miles, 385 yards, I have to find a way.

"If it is important to you, you'll find a way.
If not, you'll find an excuse."

THIS.IS.IMPORTANT.TO.ME.

DISCIPLINE.

Yesterday, a friend of mine told me about some health issues he was having.  He's a young guy.  Been married less than a year.  His wife is pregnant, due in the Spring, with their first child...a daughter, they recently revealed.

Some of what he is going through is controllable.  

I told him my story of the CHEERLEADER asking me, about 17 years ago, if I loved her.  IF I LOVED HER?  Of course I loved her.....which is what my friend said to me about his wife, with her standing right there.  

I told him basically the same thing the CHEERLEADER told me.  Don't just say you love her, show her you love her by taking care of yourself.

A WAY....or....AN EXCUSE?

What about you?  

What is important to you that you won't find excuses for?

Oh, my answer to the questions posed on Twitter today?  I said, "GOALS!  Running 1st Boston in April and I either get out in the Nebraska cold - ice - wind - snow and train in the outdoor winter weather, or I hit the treadmill!  #discipline"

How bad do you want it?

Be DISCIPLINED and GO.FOR.IT!






No comments:

Post a Comment