Saturday, December 23, 2017

RUN THE DAY



I have this mouse pad in the pic above.

The CHEERLEADER gave it to me for Christmas one year.

run.

To me, it's a reminder to get out and physically run, but also to have a say in how your day will play out.

run.

I read one time that the late Jim Rohn once said, "Either you RUN THE DAY or the day runs you."

Here are a couple of quick tips to help you RUN THE DAY:

  • Plan out your day the day before
    • I realize that we don't have a crystal ball and we cannot see what all tomorrow will bring, but we can plan ahead on some things that we know we need to get accomplished.  
  • Get up early and get a head start
    • I like exercising in the morning before most aren't up
    • It's a great way to get my day started
    • I usually lay out the clothes I will wear for my run or my cross training time the night before....NO EXCUSES
  • Eat a good, healthy breakfast
    • After you wake up early and put in the time to do something physical, you don't want to eat unhealthy
  • Whatever is on your list, go after it....HARD!
    • Earlier this year, in a BEST YEAR YET blog post, I mentioned about a tool I use called the "6 Most"
    • Write out, the day before, the 6 Most important things you need to get accomplished the next day
    • Put the in order of priority and go after them one at at time

As you RUN THE DAY, leave room for down time, spontaneity, and the such.

Don't be so rigid that you alienate those closest to you.

Begin to incorporate these tips right now before we enter the new year and the NEW YOU!

RUN THE DAY!







No comments:

Post a Comment