Sunday, December 24, 2017

THE CHRISTMAS LOOK


"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Everywhere you go....."

Today is Christmas Eve, 2017.

So I woke up this morning to about 3 inches of snow that fell overnight.

As I was clearing our driveway and side walks, the classic song from 1951, "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas" was rolling around in my head.

Here's the deal.....I DON'T LIKE SNOW!

I wasn't dreaming of a white Christmas.  

I wasn't looking to build Frosty the Snowman.

I.DON'T.LIKE.SNOW!

BUT.....I live in Nebraska and it snows this time of year.

So, deal with it, I will.

It got me thinking how selfish I can be.

I don't like snow...but others really love it.

Our son told us about a good friend of his who posted a picture of of his son and how excited he was to be out in the snow.

So many things I think are a burden or a curse, others see as a blessing.

It's similar, I think, in my life.  I have so many things that I like...love...can't live without, that others look on it and it doesn't capture their heart.

As we continue on over the next couple of days, remember that CHRISTMAS is not about the snow that I don't like.  It's not about the presents under the tree...which I have and also will give away.  BUT, it's about the GREATEST gift that was ever given to mankind, Jesus Christ.

So let us all realize that "Peace on Earth and good will to man" is not just some "other side of the world" thing, but it's good in our piece of the Earth...right where we live.

Share that message, EVERYWHERE YOU GO!

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment