Sunday, December 10, 2017

JOY



All is calm and all is bright
Everywhere but in your heart tonight
They're singing carols of joy and peace
But you feel too far gone and too far out of reach

Confession time:
I'm not the biggest fan of the Christmas holiday season.

I really don't have a good reason either.

I love the meaning of Christmas.  Jesus truly is the "Reason for the Season."  What was done for you and me from Bethlehem to Calvary is truly amazing and something that I don't take lightly.

I like being able to bless my family with gifts and coming up with creative ways to bless and surprise the CHEERLEADER.

Where is the JOY?

I was asked today by a friend of mine what my favorite Holiday was?  After a long pause, I almost felt embarrassed to say something other than Christmas.  I stumbled out, "I guess Independence Day."

I honestly don't believe that it is.  I just said something.

Have you ever been there?

Somewhere in your silent night
Heaven hears the song your broken heart has cried
Hope in here, just lift your head
For love has come to find you
Somewhere in your silent night

Like almost everything we go through, we have a decision on how we will take it on.  How we will respond.

JOY is a decision.

So here's what I'm going to lay out there:
Christmas is 2 weeks from tomorrow, and I, Tim Peterson, will be purposeful to live in JOY...no matter how I feel at any given moment.  (CHEERLEADER, hold me accountable)

Lift your head
Lift your heart
Emmanuel will meet you where you are
He knows your heart
He knows your name
And you're the very reason that He came

Whether this is a great time for you or one that is difficult, I want to encourage you to challenge yourself to be purposeful...even when you don't feel like it!

MERRY CHRISTMAS.


No comments:

Post a Comment