Monday, December 11, 2017

SOMEDAY










"The biopsy shows positive for Prostate Cancer."

May 11, 2016.

It was caught early for me.

I had a great chance to live a (new) normal life.

But hearing the "C Word" throws a whole new perspective into what LIFE is all about.


"It comes down to one simple decision.  Either get busy living or get busy dying."  
Andy Dufresne

I feel like I have a pretty good perspective on life, but this made me evaluate a new what I was doing.

Did I just get up, make coffee, open up my garage door, back out, hit the garage door button, drive to work, come home, hit the garage door button (again), go in, kiss my wife, pet the dog, eat dinner, watch TV, go to bed, only to wake up the next day and do it all over again?

I didn't want my life to be a series of SOMEDAYS.
  • "I'll go there SOMEDAY"
  • "I'll do that SOMEDAY"
  • "I'll write that SOMEDAY"
  • "I'll read that SOMEDAY" 
  • "I'll focus on that SOMEDAY"
For most, SOMEDAY never happens.

I'm NOT living for SOMEDAY.....I'm living for TODAY!

I read a quote by Roy Disney years ago that said, "When your VALUES are clear, decisions become easier."

I went back and re-evaluated my VALUES.

What was important to me?

It's still a process, but one that is becoming clearer all the time.

So as you are finishing out 2017 STRONG, make a list of your top values (Faith; Family; Friendships; Work; Fun; Health; Happiness...just to name a few) and let those VALUES be your guide as you venture into 2018.

Be present in every MOMENT and not just something for SOMEDAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment