Friday, December 15, 2017

GET TO KNOW THE CHEERLEADER



The CHEERLEADER and I spent the day Christmas shopping.

It was a long...fun day...being together as we made our way around Omaha.

After we got home, we were sitting down to eat and I began to "interview" her.  

So, here is what I found out (really, I knew most of these, but some were new).  Enjoy!

Me (ME)
The CHEERLEADER (TC)

I'll start off easy:

ME:  "What is your favorite color and why?"
TC:  "Purple.  I have liked purple for as long as I can remember.  It's pretty AND it is Donny Osmond's favorite color (according to Tiger Beat and Teen Beat magazines back in the day)."

ME:  "Bananas or Peaches?"
TC:  "Peaches."

ME:  "What is your earliest memory?"
TC:  "Right before I was 2, I had a surgery to correct hip dysplasia that I had when I was born.  I remember being in the hospital and getting ready for the surgery."

ME:  "Favorite childhood crush?"
TC:  "Donny Osmond."  (see answer to color above!)

ME:  "You can only eat one food for the rest of your life.  What is it?"
TC:  "Crab legs."

ME:  "You are having a dinner party and you can invite 5 living people, who are they?"
TC:  "You (I'm honored!); President George and Laura Bush; Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip."

ME:  "Favorite vacation spot?"
TC:  "Wherever you are!" (I like that answer!)

ME:  "You travel to marathons with me.  It usually takes me 5 plus hours to complete and you see me for MAYBE 5 minutes....usually less. Why do you endure 5 hours for 5 minutes of seeing me?"
TC:  "Because everyone needs encouragement.  I know that around Mile 21, you are going to need encouragement to finish out the race and I want to be there for you."

ME:  "You have this monster cowbell that you bring with you to the marathons.  Why do you do that?"
TC:  "So you can hear me before you see me.  I'm a CHEERLEADER = Loud Voice - Loud Cowbell."

ME:  "Favorite marathon you've traveled to with me?"
TC:  "NYC.  It was so meaningful for you as it concluded your BEST YEAR YET 1.0.  The Memphis Marathon last year was a close 2nd."

ME:  "What is your LIFE verse (from the Bible)?"
TC:  "Psalms 32:7 [NLT], For You are my hiding place; You protect me from trouble.  You surround me with songs of VICTORY."

ME:  "How do you want to be remembered?"
TC:  "One who loved God; lived for Him; loved my husband; was faithful and happy; was a good mom, joy filled and loved people."

ME:  "What is one word you hope others will say about you when you are gone?"
TC:  "Faithful."

I met the CHEERLEADER when we were in 8th grade, after her family moved into the town I was living in.

We started dating when we were 17.

We got married when we were 20.

We've been married for 31 years - 5 months - and 4 days.

Even though I knew many of these answers, I enjoy everyday just talking and listening to her.

Every day we have is not bliss, but when we sit and talk about things...BIG or small, we realize that we wouldn't want to do LIFE with anyone else.

So, CHEERLEADER, thanks for laughing at my silly jokes; following me all over so that I can run 26.2 miles and you can ring your cowbell.  How about we do this for a bunch more years?




No comments:

Post a Comment