Sunday, December 3, 2017

HOW DO I GET THERE


Have you ever asked, "Where am I going and how do I get there?"

My life....your life....is made up of many acts or chapters.

There is the chapter where you learned to walk.

The chapter where you discovered music.

The chapter where you discovered the opposite sex.

The chapter where you found out that you liked math, sports, cooking, books, etc.

No two lives are the same, but we share common chapters.

Every one is on a transformational journey.

These last 310 days, we have looked at many chapters or life's journeys through our BEST YEAR YET.

We've looked at YOU.

Remember, EVERYONE has a story and YOU are the HERO of YOUR story!

In every story, there is a HERO and a guide:

  • Frodo had Gandalf
  • Pinocchio had Jiminy Cricket
  • Luke Skywalker had Yoda
  • Scott Frost has Tom Osborne
But just like in stories, we wake up each day troubled by the things around us...and even though we are the HERO of our story, we need that guide to help us solve LIFE'S mysteries that we can't solve on our own.

Since late January, I have endeavored to act as GUIDE to your HERO in our BEST YEAR YET journey.  

So, as we conclude 2017 and get into 2018, let me guide you into a simple exercise that in the coming weeks we'll build upon.

LOOK BACK.

"What?  You want me to LOOK BACK?  Tim, you have told me over the past year to keep my hand to the plow and my eyes forward.  I shouldn't look back because I'm not going that way.  Why do I need to look back now?"

When we talk about not looking back, it's in the context to NOT living in the past.  Not longing for what you "perceived" was better.  

In the Bible, when the Children of Israel were leaving the captivity/slavery of Egypt, there was a time when then panicked and said, "Why did you bring us out here to die in the wilderness?  Why did you make us leave Egypt?  Let us be slaves to the Egyptians.  It's better to be a slave in Egypt than a corpse in the wilderness."  Exodus 14:11; 12

Some would rather have the predictability of the known (even if it was really bad), than the unpredictability of the unknown that we cannot see in front of us.

Here's what I want us to do in this LOOK BACK.  Since the beginning of 2017, when it came to the things you wanted to accomplish, LOOK BACK ask yourself :
  • What went right?
  • What didn't go so right (what went wrong)?
  • What did I learn?
These 3 questions will help to set up your GOALS for 2018...which we will discuss soon.

"HOW DO I GET THERE?"  

Let's find your journey's path together!  




No comments:

Post a Comment