Wednesday, December 20, 2017

CONTAGIOUS



con·ta·gious
kənˈtājəs/
  1. (of an emotion, feeling, or attitude) likely to spread to and affect others.


The CHEERLEADER and I had to make a stop to the Mall tonight.

If you want to do some people watching, the Mall is a great place to go, especially this time of year.

It is really interesting to me what one gets to witness.

So I did an "unscientific research project" tonight.  No control group, just me witnessing human beings being human.

Some were hustling around as if they were JUST starting their Christmas shopping.

Some looked tired.

Some looked angry (remember, this is just me and my opinion).

One group consisted of a couple of female adults, each pushing a stroller, with 3 or so early elementary age kids, at leas two of which were boys.  Now, I didn't see where one young boy, we'll call him "Subject 1", acquired a beanie, but he went right to the railing (we were on the top level of the Mall), and he chucked the beanie and it fell to the very bottom level.  One of the adult females, we'll call her "MOM", turned and with clinched jaw said firmly, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"  To which "Subject 1" turned to "Subject 2" (other young boy), gave out a subtle laugh and they both smiled like the "cat who ate the canary."

Now, I tell this story to illustrate my research:
2 people, in the same proximity, one full of "joy" and the other, angry.  And both of their emotions, feelings and/or attitude, spread to those around them.  I'm guessing the younger subject's name, just might not make the "Nice List" this year.

CONTAGIOUS.

Germs or viruses are not the only things that are CONTAGIOUS:
  • Laughter is CONTAGIOUS
  • Smiles are CONTAGIOUS
  • Attitudes (good or bad) are CONTAGIOUS
  • Happiness is CONTAGIOUS
  • Inspiration is CONTAGIOUS
  • Optimism is CONTAGIOUS
ALL of these are CONTAGIOUS.....and we need to be a carrier of them!

One last thing as I concluded my "unscientific research project," as we were leaving a story, the CHEERLEADER said to the nice young gal behind the counter, "MERRY CHRISTMAS."  The nice young gal said, "Wow...I like that.  No one says "MERRY CHRISTMAS" anymore."

That nice young gal needs to come out with the CHEERLEADER and me....because we don't know any other besides, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

BE CONTAGIOUS (in a good way) through your BEST YEAR YET!



No comments:

Post a Comment