Monday, August 7, 2017

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME



Are you adventurous?

Do you like to try new things?

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU DID SOMETHING FOR THE FIRST TIME?

This isn't about taking RISKS....although it could be.

This is about getting out of the RUT we talked about a couple of days ago.

I have a former co-worker who you could set you clock by, especially on the weekends, and the places he would be at specific times.  He was so consistent at one establishment that when he didn't show up one Saturday, they were worried and tracked him down.

I have found that changing things up can add to the excitement of your BEST YEAR YET.

Here are some things that you can do that aren't too RISKY (I think):

  • Take a new route to work
    • There is some street construction going on my normal route that has caused the traffic to be slow.  I decided to go a different way and I found some new streets I have never driven on and some very cool looking houses.  
  • Get a group of friends and go to one of those painting places.
    • They are known as PAINT & SIPs and I'm sure there is one in  your area
  • Zip Line
    • Ok, this one my feel a bit RISKY
  • Go volunteer and serve a meal at the local shelter
  • Sign up for an Obstacle Course Race (Tough Mudder; Warrior Dash; etc)
  • (for my runner friends) Go out and run without your watch, phone or any music.  Enjoy your surroundings.  You can always go back and manually add your run to Strava!
There are many other things that you can do FOR THE FIRST TIME.

Find something that you have always wanted to do, but for whatever reason you have talked yourself out of it.  

Make TODAY the day you talk yourself INTO it!


No comments:

Post a Comment