Tuesday, August 22, 2017

KEEP IT SIMPLE



I had a "motive check" today.

So, here's how this started:  I was looking at my Twitter page and I noticed that the number of those following me has been getting smaller.

My first thought: "WHY?  I believe the content on my blog is good, encouraging, etc. Maybe I don't tweet enough?  Maybe I'm just not OUT THERE enough so that others can't get a true read on who I am and follow me."

THAT is when it hit me.....

Am I just writing this blog for followers? 

NO!  

Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE to have thousands of people read this blog daily and find encouragement, motivation, inspiration and even a challenge or two.  I started this to share with those who would listen that "everyday Joe's and Jane's" can overcome obstacles and challenges and find their definition of success in their BEST YEAR YET.

KEEP IT SIMPLE.

I realized that I need to let my words be few.  By that, I mean that I don't want what others think or even know about me come from just my words.  Whether those words come from this Blog, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or just hearing me talk.

I know....that sounds kinda strange coming from someone who writes words, everyday, for people to read.

For me, to KEEP IT SIMPLE, means that I want MY LIFE....MY ACTIONS...to demonstrate who I am.  I want my actions to SHOUT my character...my integrity.

I'm going to keep writing and encouraging others (really, it's an encouragement to me) but I'm also going to let my actions be many and my words be few to KEEP IT SIMPLE in my BEST YEAR YET.





No comments:

Post a Comment