Sunday, August 6, 2017

HARVEST



"Today is an invitation for a HARVEST."

har·vest
ˈhärvəst/
  1. the process or period of gathering in crops.


Recently, we explored the idea/concept of WEEDS and SEEDS (see recent posts from 8/3/17 & 8/4/17).

We looked at planting good SEEDS in our lives and making sure that we take care of the WEEDS that would try to take out the "crop" or that which is valuable to us.

Today, I have been thinking more about the SEEDS we plant and I had this thought, "Am I too scared for the HARVEST?"

Let me explain.  We talked about, SEEDS, and how they produce after their own kind.  You want apples, plant apple seeds.  You cannot expect apples by planting corn.  Same in our lives.  If we want/need joy, be joyful; if you want peace, show peace.

Remember, it's a natural law:  SEED TIME and HARVEST.

Let me say this:  I AM ALL FOR PLANTING SEEDS!  Keep planting...
~ BUT ~
There has to....there NEEDS to be time for the HARVEST.

Others...myself included...can get one sided and miss out on the HARVEST.  Once you "SOW" there should be an expectation for the HARVEST.

As we are talking about our lives and not necessarily CROPS/VEGETATION (it does apply there, but that is not our subject), would it be safe to say that we are "afraid" of the HARVEST and as a result, we don't benefit from the fullness of it?

I heard the opening quote above today.  I have been invited....you have been invited, for a HARVEST, TODAY!  What are you going to do about it?

"Oh, I'm not ready."
"What if it's not enough for what I need?"
"What if I can't take it all in?"

WHAT IF YOU CAN?
WHAT IF YOU SAY YES TO THE HARVEST IN YOUR LIFE AND IT'S EVERYTHING YOU EXPECTED?

I want to challenge and encourage you to EXPAND your view point of your life.  

EXPAND your VISION and realize that if you continue to plant "SEED" in your life (love; joy; peace; patience; kindness; goodness; faithfulness; self-control....which by the way are what the Bible refers to as the FRUIT of the Spirit), you SHOULD expect to have a HARVEST, in its due season.

Remember, a SEED planted today, will not necessarily produce a crop for you to HARVEST tomorrow...it's SEED TIME and HARVEST.  That's why I say, you should expect to have a HARVEST in its due season.

As you look to the beginning of this new week, keep planting SEED in your life, but look for the HARVEST from the SEED you have planted in the past.  TODAY, is your invitation for a HARVEST!



No comments:

Post a Comment