Friday, August 18, 2017

POPCORN


I just wanted POPCORN.

Have you ever gone to Costco or some other "membership" type warehouse looking for just ONE item?

That was me tonight.

I just wanted POPCORN.

How many times have you gone to the store with the intention of ONE thing and you walk out with a cart full of things you didn't plan for?

The person working the register always...ALWAYS asks, "Did you find everything OK?"

Me:  "Ummm...yes....AND ALL THE OTHER THINGS IN MY CART THAT I DIDN'T COME HERE FOR!"

I just wanted POPCORN.

Life can be like that.  We have our ideas about the specific life WE want.  

We want an education...reliable transportation...a spouse...2.3 kids....a dog....a house with a white picket fence.

And in our pursuit to keep it simple (like just wanting only POPCORN), LIFE gets in the way.

We hear things like:

  • "I'm sorry, you can't have kids"
  • "You're fired"
  • "The diagnosis is cancer"
  • "The dishwasher is broken...oh, and I can't get the garage door opener to work"
  • "You are not accepted into the program"
  • "Pregnant....again?"
There's loss.

There's regret.

There's death.

There's LIFE!

Whether you are just going after the "POPCORN" in your life or you find out that your "cart" is FULL (and you didn't plan for it).....EMBRACE LIFE!

I just wanted "POPCORN" but my life has been and continues to be so full and I wouldn't trade it or put anything "back!"


No comments:

Post a Comment