Thursday, August 17, 2017

STAND

"You feel like a candle in a hurricane.  Just like a picture with a broken frame.  Alone and helpless, like you've lost your fight.  But you'll be alright...."

Those are the beginning lyrics from the song "STAND" by The Rascal Flatts.

This is exactly how I felt a year ago (except for the "alone" part...I had and continue to have a GREAT support team around me).  

I remember asking the CHEERLEADER to just tell me that "it will be alright."  I needed to be assured by her words.

Through it all, I had to learn what it meant to STAND.

To STAND in the "fight"....to STAND when doesn't appear to be going they way you designed it....this is exactly the time to STAND!

The song goes on to say, in the chorus, " Cause when push comes to shove, you taste what you're made of......on your knees you look up...."

The Bible tells us, "....and having done all, to stand.  Stand therefore...." Ephesians 6:13-14

What do you need to STAND up to?

  • A negative health diagnosis
  • The loss of a loved one
  • The loss of a job
  • Ridicule
  • Bullying
  • Words spoken ("you're not good enough; you're not smart enough; you're not cute enough; you're not enough....")
"On your knees you look up....decide you've had enough.  You get mad, you get strong, wipe your hands, shake it off. THEN you STAND."

It might look "dark" today...but in this BEST YEAR YET, I'm telling you that it will get better...you will get through this....YOU.GOT.THIS!

Time to STAND!

Know this.....I'm STANDING with you.

Who will STAND with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment