Wednesday, August 2, 2017

CLIMB


"The BEST view comes after the hardest CLIMB."


In my first full marathon, The Country Music Marathon (now called The St. Jude Rock-n-Roll Nashville), I wasn't prepared for the course.  

I knew I was going to run 26 point 2 miles, but I didn't look to see what the elevation changes were.  

It cost me.

HILLS...HILLS...and more HILLS!

I had trained well....just not on HILLS!

That race, and those HILLS, kicked my butt.  You know what?  It didn't stop me from running more marathons.

I LEARNED:
  • Prior to starting your training, find out what type of hills, if any, you will encounter
  • Do HILL training
We face "HILLS" in our lives.  Sometimes, they are more like "MOUNTAINS."

We have thoughts about the SIZE of the "MOUNTAIN" in front of us and are STOPPED before we even START to take it on.

Jesus said in Mark 11:23 to "...SAY to this mountain, 'May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and IT.WILL.HAPPEN.  But, YOU must really believe it will happen and not doubt in your heart."

Is it easy to deal with the HILL....the MOUNTAIN?  NOPE!

HILL training is not easy....but what it does, is prepare you for when you FACE THE HILL...FACE THE MOUNTAIN.

I have faced some HILLS/MOUNTAINS in my life:;
  • Financial
  • Emotional
  • Physical/Health related (recently)
  • Relational
Each time that I do, it's never EASY....but coming out on the other side, after CLIMBING through it, makes the view so much better!

In your quest, on this BEST YEAR YET journey, DON'T GIVE UP...even though it seems like there is a HILL at every turn.  

Stay the course...you will finish your "RACE"...with joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment