Saturday, May 20, 2017

UNSCRIPTED



Last week, we looked "behind the curtain" at one of the most interesting weeks, in recently memory, of my life.  It was a 10 day stretch in early May 2016.  

I thought I knew myself well....but I learned other things about ME during that time.

One of the biggest things...what do you do when you've been told you have cancer?

UNSCRIPTED.

This was not a part of MY "life script."  Honestly though, what really is?  I've had many times throughout my 51 years where life's journey wasn't what I had envisioned.  It wasn't what I would have "written into the script of my life."

But in every instance, I look to control what I can control, I trust God and believe His Word (the Bible) and KNOW that we are moving forward.

Now, don't get me wrong....I have had awesome opportunities to be in fear, stressed, full of anxiety and such, and sometimes I have given in to these emotions.  Through it all I have learned that the UNSCRIPTED life is one that is FULL of adventure and really the LIFE I want to pursue.

How about you?  What are some of the UNSCRIPTED moments of your life?  How do you deal with the moments that happen that you weren't expecting?  What is your process in dealing with things outside your control?  Do you attack them with healthy or unhealthy actions?

Here is my encouragement to you today:  embrace the UNSCRIPTED moments in your life. Now that doesn't mean that you have to "take them lying down."  It means that there will be things that "find us" (we don't have to go looking for them!).  When those times come at you, determine to pursue LIFE with EVERY fiber of your being.

I trust that when you have set out to have your BEST YEAR YET, that your realize that to do that, you shouldn't script it all out....but instead, be adventurous.  

I've heard it said that when writing out the story of your life, don't give your "pen" to someone else....and at times, EMBRACE the UNSCRIPTED!





No comments:

Post a Comment