Monday, May 22, 2017

30-10-11



I remember growing up and watching my older siblings go to school ahead of me (there were 5 ahead of me).

First there was Elementary School.  Then Junior High.  Then High School.  Then College.

I distinctly remember my brother, who is 2.5 years older than me, going into Junior High.  He got to get a "combo lock!"  I thought it was so cool to have a lock that you had to memorize the combination and never...NEVER tell anyone what that combination is.  

Behind that lock, whatever it protected, was VERY important, valuable or both!

Today, I have a 3 number combo that I use.  

It changes EVERY day.

It is the combination to something that is VERY important AND valuable to me.

Behind this combo is one of THE most precious things that I have in my life.

I was challenged one time, by a friend, who told me that if I always remember this combo...EVERY DAY....that I would demonstrate the value of what's behind the number.

Just like a timed vault at a bank or the access to important electronic, sensitive documents, today's number, 30-10-11, will change tomorrow, to again protect the importance of what is behind it.

TODAY'S NUMBER:  30-10-11......This represents how many years, months and days that the CHEERLEADER and I have been married.  

About 11 years ago, I was in a job that had me away from home a couple of weeks each month.  It was during this time, that one day, I sent the CHEERLEADER a text with a combination of 3 numbers.  She had NO idea what this was.....until I explained it to her.

I wanted her to know that I was not only thinking about her, but that I held our marriage and relationship in very high regard.

I think she thought it was cool....nice....thoughtful....but I don't know if she thought or knew that it would continue everyday since!  (maybe she'll comment her thoughts on this?)

What do you hold dear to you?

  • Relationships
  • Pets
  • Hobbies
  • Health
  • Church
Whatever it is, find a way to remind yourself AND that demonstrates to others how important it is to you.

BEST YEAR YET is not JUST about you.....it's about OTHERS and their part in your journey!




No comments:

Post a Comment