Wednesday, May 3, 2017

LIVE YOUR STORY



I've been thinking a lot about life...MY LIFE.  

MY STORY.

Last month I asked, "WHAT'S YOUR STORY?"  Everybody has one.

MY STORY helps to give you a glimpse into the whole BEST YEAR YET.

I've tried to convey that even in the middle of your BEST YEAR YET, you could experience challenges.  I know I have.  I'm not going to lie to you...CHALLENGES are not the most fun when going through....but after you GET THROUGH them, you learn much about yourself.

When I talk to my clients about setting their GOALS, usually near the end of one year going into the next, I ask them to respond to 3 very important questions BEFORE beginning to think about what they want to accomplish in the next year.

3 VERY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS:
  • What went right?
  • What went wrong?
  • What did you learn?
Leadership expert John Maxwell has a book titled, SOMETIMES YOU WIN SOMETIMES YOU LEARN.  The learning is the key to future success.  WE LOVE the things that went right.  We don't like the things that went wrong....it scares us.

When you set out to LIVE YOUR STORY, don't be scared to LIVE YOUR STORY.  By that I mean, we can get all caught up in the SAFETY of life that we don't LIVE OUR LIFE!  This is something I struggle with at times.  At these times I remind myself of a quote I once heard, "Perhaps behind your greatest fear is your greatest calling."

Over the next week I'll tell you more about my STORY that continues to shape my BEST YEAR YET.

When I tell my story...when I write about it...I don't what you to look at me as just a storyteller of a BEST YEAR YET....but a STORY LIVER!

We all have a STORY to LIVE!

LIVE YOUR STORY.  LIVE LOUD!


No comments:

Post a Comment