Saturday, May 6, 2017

LINE DANCING



LINE DANCING! (no, not talking about country music!)

I am getting ready for race day....getting ready to "toe the line".  Tomorrow is the LINCOLN MARATHON.  18 weeks of training coming down to the "26point2 VICTORY LAP!"

I've been looking forward to this race for quite some time.  

After running it last year, I vowed to never run it again.  I had a bad 2nd half of the race.
Did something to my knee.  I didn't think about taking a DNF (Did Not Finish), but didn't know if I could go on past the 22 mile mark with all of the pain I was in.  So when I finished, I thought, "NEVER AGAIN!" (stay with me and I'll loop around to why I'm looking forward to it)

A couple of days later I had a medical procedure, and due to it, I contracted a bacterial infection that had me in the hospital for 5 days later in the month.  So, needless to say, I was equating pain...unusual pain...from something I love and a 5 day/4 night long "vacation" stay in the hospital with the Lincoln Marathon.

But then one of my sons told me he wanted to take on a marathon in 2017 and said we could do Lincoln together.  I shot him down and said, "I.AM.NEVER.RUNNING.THAT.RACE.EVER!"  Or something like that.

A day or so later, I realized that I was not being the leader/encourager to my son, I believe I am, and I told him, "Let's do this!"

So here we are, a little more than12 hours away from "LINCOLN 2.0" and I plan to have a much better race.

We've talked about ATTITUDE here and how it takes a good attitude and view point on life.  How your act and react is so important to having your BEST YEAR YET.

So if you are "LINE DANCING" in Lincoln, Nebraska tomorrow or at the Long Island Marathon in New York (shout out to my man Steve Eisner!), or your "LINE DANCING" is somewhere else doing something else besides running a marathon, keep your head up...keep your attitude up....go and HAVE FUN!

THAT is what have a BEST YEAR YET is all about!




No comments:

Post a Comment