Thursday, July 6, 2017

PEEK-A-BOO I SEE YOU



in·teg·ri·ty
inˈteɡrədē/
  1. 1.
    the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.

    "he is known to be a man of integrity"



Many years ago I made a decision.

I decided my integrity was worth A LOT!

There wasn't enough money that would cause me to compromise my INTEGRITY.

When I would go to the store or a drive through or whatever/wherever money was exchanged, if I received back more than what I was owed, I gave it back!

MY INTEGRITY is worth more than a few dollar or a few cents.

I would go out of my way to do this and each time, as the surprised person behind the counter would thank me, I would say, "My integrity is worth more than ________ (whatever the amount was)."

WHO ARE YOU WHEN NO ONE IS WATCHING?

Today, I was reminded of this.

I received an email from someone I have known for years.  This person thanked me for demonstrating integrity and character to others as well as to him.

I didn't do things, in the past, so that some day in the future (Today) he would send me an email to tell me this.

I did/do these things, because that is who I am.....whether someone notices or not.

WHO ARE YOU WHEN NO ONE IS WATCHING?

Integrity plays a BIG part in our BEST YEAR YET....because BEST YEAR YET's are not just about  us, but about those we have the opportunity to impact and influence.

What you and I do on a daily basis is showing others our true colors.  It shows others who we truly are.

So, when the "lights are out," when you don't have anyone watching you, do you demonstrate INTEGRITY?

As you go on through this journey, remember, what you do, apart from what others see, is what will last!




No comments:

Post a Comment