Monday, July 3, 2017

BEYOND THE BOAT


31 years ago, today, I made the single most, greatest decision of my life. 

I surrendered my life and asked Jesus Christ to be my Lord. 

His reply, "Come!" 

Just like the Apostle Peter, in Matthew 14, I had a decision to make:
  • Shall I leave the comfort of the known (which, in a life that was spiraling down...FAST, it really wasn't too comfortable) and "step out of the boat" into the unknown (a LIFE with Jesus as the center of it all)
  • Or just stay where I was at.....(remember the whole "Spiraling down fast" thing?)
I chose to "get out of the boat" and begin to navigate through this life on His word(s).

The BOAT represents the KNOWN...the "comfortable" in our lives.

Think about it for a moment.  Not all of the 12, but some of them MADE A LIVING by the BOAT.  They knew how to navigate the BOAT through the calm and the storms while on the water.  Even I know, when you are out on the water, the BOAT is the safest place to be.

For 31 years I have endeavored to live BEYOND THE BOAT.  To live a life of FAITH and TRUST, outside of my comfort zones.

But recently, I have asked myself, "are you sacrificing significance for comfort (of the BOAT)...significance for safety?"

I believe my PURPOSE is to ENCOURAGE OTHERS by OPTIMISM THROUGH FAITH to show, they too can pursue LIFE to the fullest, BEYOND THE BOAT.

What about you?  Are you maximizing your LIFE, BEYOND THE BOAT?

This BEST YEAR YET journey, is that......A JOURNEY.  The JOURNEY, many times, is to places unknown, but that's ok. 

There's risk.....BIG RISK, in getting out of the BOAT, but the rewards are BIG as well.

How about we live BEYOND THE BOAT?

FINAL NOTE:
2nd GREATEST decision I've made in my life......saying "I DO" 30 years - 11 months - and 22 days ago with the CHEERLEADER!

2 comments: