Wednesday, July 12, 2017

IN THE STORM


Over the past couple of weeks, I have been telling the STORY of my life over the past year.

FIRST: It's GOOD to be alive.

SECOND: Cancer sucks.

For those who don't know, a little over a year ago, I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer.  In August of 2016, I had a Prostatectomy (a surgical procedure to remove my prostate and the cancer that was in it).

When the opportunity arrises, I'll let people know about it.  Usually, it's because I want to get across a couple of things:

  1. Men, prostate cancer can be  a "silent killer" if left undetected.  It's usually left undetected due to not having regular, annual physicals.  My diagnoses was caught early, because I go to the doctor every year.
  2. You don't have to let cancer define you.
Here are a couple of other statements that I BELIEVE:
  • I don't believe God put this on me to teach me something.  For some, that seems to be the "go to" excuse when things like this happen to people.
    • James 1:17 says, "Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us from God..."  Cancer, in any form, is not good nor perfect, so it is NOT from Him.
  • Although I would have rather not gone through it, I know in whom I trust and even in the storm, I will praise Him....NOT for or because of the storm, but because I know that my foundation is with Him.
    • Matthew 7: 24-25, Jesus speaking, said, "Anyone who listens to My teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock.  Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won't collapse because it is built on bedrock."
Today, I'm cancer free and very thankful for it. 

The last year has not always been AWESOME.  Many days were dark.  Like the verse above, it seemed that the rain came at me in torrents....but I knew where the light of my life came from.

So as you go through your BEST YEAR YET, remember.....if the sun is out shinning or the storm is raging.....PRAISE HIM!   NOT because of the storm, but because He has you FIRMLY secure, if your "house" (life) is built on bedrock!

FINAL THOUGHTS:
Guys....go to the doctor, REGULARLY, for physicals.  It's not scary, IT'S STRONG!
Ladies...got to the doctor, REGULARLY, for physicals.  It's not scary, IT'S SEXY!

Remember, God is a GOOD God!


No comments:

Post a Comment