Thursday, November 30, 2017

HEADLINE NEWS



I was looking at some historic and some plain newspaper HEADLINES.  Also, some that made me laugh.  Here are a few:

  • KING ELVIS DEAD 
  • AMERICA UNDER ATTACK
  • MYSTERY AIR OBJECTS SEEN IN SKY OVER L.A.
  • NIXON QUITS
  • PROHIBITION SWEEPS THE STATE!
  • NEW TITANIC SINKS
  • FIRE CREWS CALLED AFTER SMOKE SEEN IN SKY - TURNED OUT TO BE A CLOUD
  • HEADLESS BODY FOUND IN TOPLESS BAR
Here is one for my friend Mark Mason:
  • CITY ALMOST BANS THE SAXOPHONE
And for my Nebraska Cornhusker Football fans:
  • UCF FANS CAN START PLANNING SCOTT FROST'S GOING AWAY PARTY
What led me down this HEADLINE NEWS road was what is dominating the news RIGHT NOW.

It seems that every day there is a new report about this entertainer, reporter, executive, etc, that is being accused of inappropriate conduct (usually sexual in nature) with others.

CHOICES.

I know we've talked about CHOICES and the results of actions based on those choices here in the BEST YEAR YET blog, but with it being so dominating in the news, I thought we'd mention it again.

I'm sure we all know that our CHOICES not only affect us, but it can have a HUGE ripple affect with others.  Now, this isn't just for BAD CHOICES, but good ones as well...we rarely hear about the good ones.

Usually we don't set out to make bad choices, but we still make them.

MY RESPONSE IS MY RESPONSIBILITY.

When we make ANY choice, we have to OWN it and how we will respond accordingly.

So here's my question to you today, if you were given an opportunity to write the HEADLINE NEWS of your life, what would it be?

It could be your current situation or it could be how you wish it were.

My encouragement to you, if you're good with the HEADLINE of your life, then OWN it.  

If you don't like what the HEADLINE would say, START today to re-write that HEADLINE.  


No comments:

Post a Comment