Thursday, November 9, 2017

HELLO 4.0



HELLO BEST YEAR YET 4.0!

Since I started this BEST YEAR YET journey on this day in 2014, each November 9th begins another adventure filled with 365 days of possibility...of promise.

Over the preceding BEST YEAR YETs, I didn't know what was in front of me (of course, as they say, hind sight is 20/20) but I did know that I would face each day knowing I have a choice on how I would respond to things as the come.

MY RESPONSE IS MY RESPONSIBILITY!

I don't know what the next 365 days will look like...I have a few things already planned that will help make it memorable....but there will also be so many unknowns that will just happen.

So we are going to kick off BEST YEAR YET 4.0 with "PROJECT 52."

Turning 52 today, I have decided that we (me) are going to maximize each week in BYY 4.0.

What does that mean?

Not sure!  But I will look to more for others.  I believe it was Zig Ziglar who once said, "You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want."

It will be a year of 

  • Ringing the bell in front of the red kettle
  • Buying someone I don't know a coffee
  • Buying someone I know a coffee
  • Shoveling snow (who am I kidding...I have a GREAT snowblower!) for more than me
  • Running Marathons and raising money so that families only focus is on the health of their children (see below on how to get involved with me)
  • Mourning with those who mourn
  • Weeping with those who weep
  • Giving an encouraging word to those who need to hear it
  • Buying lemonade from the kids in the neighborhood when they set up a stand
52 (and then some)  moments of impact.

Who wants to join me on this journey?

Let's meet back here in a year and celebrate all that took place.

FINAL NOTE:
Many of you know that over the years I have run multiple marathons for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital as what is known as a St. Jude Hero.  That just means that I raise money and awareness for St. Jude and all the great work they do.  If you don't know, if a child receive's care at St. Jude, the family never receives a bill.  That is the what and why behind what I do for them.

I am running the 2018 Boston Marathon in April, once again, as a St. Jude Hero.  Would you consider, as a "PROJECT 52" moments of impact, help my efforts?  You can click HERE to add to the totals that I am committing to raise.  

Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment