Thursday, November 2, 2017

IT ALL STARTS HERE


When I started running by taking a challenge to run a charity 5K, 5 years ago, I never even dreamed of running the BOSTON MARATHON let alone ANY marathon.

Yesterday, November 1, 2017, I found out that I will be from Hopkinton to Downtown Boston next Patriot's Day, April 16, 2018.

The BOSTON MARATHON is the world's oldest annual marathon and the world's best known road-racing event.

Since 2014, I have run 4 marathons as a St. Jude Hero for ST. JUDE CHILDREN'S RESEARCH HOSPTIAL....BOSTON will be my 5th.

Each time I run for St. Jude, I raise money and awareness for this great organization.

If you don't know, because of the generosity of companies and individuals, no family ever receives a bill when their child is treated at St. Jude.  

I have written about Danny Thomas, the founder of this organization, who had a vision that the only thing a family should be concerned about is getting their child healthy.

I am so honored to be among the 11 who were picked after an application process as well an interview, to be on this team who's goal is to raise over $160,000.  My specific goal is to raise $10,000.

It costs over $2 million dollars, per day, to operate St. Jude's and for those patient families, to not see a bill is monumental.

IT ALL STARTS HERE.

Today I set out to raise the $10,000 and beyond.  

Will you consider helping?

As Danny Thomas once famously said, "No child should die in the dawn of life."

There is a site that is set up where you can go to give.  CLICK HERE and it will take you to my page. Once there, click the DONATE NOW button.

I will be writing about my training and fundraising progress, so keep tuned in.

Also, if you would, please pass this information on to those in your social networks so that we can get the word out further than what I could.

Thank you for your consideration.

IT ALL STARTS HERE!

See you in Boston in the Spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment