Thursday, November 16, 2017

NOTE TO SELF



The CHEERLEADER and I were having a discussion at dinner tonight.

I had been thinking about some things that were going on in life and I said, "you know, some times it would just be nice to say everything that you want to!"

She asked me, "you have a free pass....what would you say?"

I paused.

I thought.

I knew what was right.

And I said, "....but would LOVE do that?"

No.  No it wouldn't.

"This is real love - not that we love God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins."  1 John 4:10 [NLT]

"We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in His love.  GOD IS LOVE, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them."  1 John 4:16 [NLT]

Shortly after we were first married, 31 years - 4 months - & 5 days ago, I heard something that had a HUGE impact on my life then that has carried all these years.

LOVE IS A DECISION!

I had to process that statement.

LOVE is not a feeling.

LOVE is not a moment.

LOVE.IS.A.DECISION!

So, if my LOVE for God is demonstrated by my LOVE for all others....regardless how I feel (remember, it's not a feeling)....I need to be deliberate about what I say...how I act.

NOTE TO SELF:  Before you talk....before you act....put it through the LOVE FILTER!


No comments:

Post a Comment